Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Maggie's Little Brother

 
 
Although I am a couple months late in posting this, I wanted to share the joy that has come into our lives with the birth of Maggie's little brother, Timothy Charles Hoffman. Recently I read Psalms 30:11 that says "...You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever." It reminded me that there were many people that shared in our mourning with the loss of Maggie, and I want all those who mourned with us to now be able to share in our joy. Many times we are quick to ask for prayers and support when life is hard, but often times we forget to share our praises -- our God is WORTHY TO BE PRAISED! We are praising God for the birth of our healthy baby boy. Timothy was born on November 21st, 2012 and I don't think I can accurately describe the joy and relief I felt when I held in my arms for the first time. I am thankful that the midwife who delivered Maggie was able to deliver Timothy as well. When we arrived at the hospital for Timothy's delivery one of the nurses who had assisted at Maggie's birth  came by to wish us well, reminding us once again that Maggie mattered in this world.
Carson, as expected, is a WONDERFUL big brother to Timothy. I can already see a sweet brotherly bond beginning to form and am excited to see that bond flourish in the years to come. Having a newborn at home keeps me busy and tired (hence, the delay on this post), but Timothy's smiles and coos remind me of what a precious gift a baby is (even on those sleepless nights) and I have much to be thankful for.



2 comments:

  1. That little Timothy is so darn cute! He looks like a mini-Charles (especially with the dark hair). We can't wait to see him in person! Praises definitely to out to God for all of the blessings surrounding Maggie, Timothy and your entire family. I'm sure Maggie is a very proud big sister. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jana! That is such a great picture of Carson and Timothy! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete