Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stork Vision

On Friday we had the opportunity to take Maggie’s first pictures at Stork Vision, a prenatal imaging center in Atlanta. Shannan, the owner of Stork Vision, did a wonderful job capturing 3D ultrasound images of our little girl. We had been praying that the images would be clear and that Maggie would be awake during the appointment so that we could see her moving around. I gave Maggie a little pep talk and asked her to show us her best moves – and it worked (the chocolate chip cookie I ate right before the appointment might have had something to do with it too!). Maggie kicked her feet and moved her hands the whole time – she definitely likes to be in front of the camera.

I was a little bit apprehensive before the ultrasound because I didn’t know what to expect. I was afraid that it would be too difficult for me to see and accept the deformities of anencephaly. But when the camera was turned on and I saw my baby moving around on the screen, I can only describe it as pure joy. I loved looking at her chubby cherub cheeks and cute button nose. She even blew kisses at the camera. After Charles and I spent a few minutes taking in the sweet sight of our little girl, we invited Carson and my sister, Julee, in to see Maggie on the screen. I was really glad that Charles, Carson, and Julee were able to witness the kicks and the movement that I feel inside me every day.  

The weeks leading up to the ultrasound had been frustrating and challenging. This pregnancy has been physically demanding and mentally draining. I was beginning to doubt my decision to keep carrying Maggie. But when I saw my little girl dancing around on that screen, my resolve was renewed. I cannot imagine another path and am so thankful that I am still caring for Maggie.

Praying hands.

I think Maggie is signing "I Love You" but we just can't see her thumb.

Isn't that the cutest little tush you ever did see?

SSSHH.... we are being too loud!

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful! And so special to get to see her move and get to know her even more. My favorite is her praying hands picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, those pictures are great! She looks precious and was so expressive in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous!! I'm so glad you did this. You will treasure these photos forever.

    Angie Sklar emailed me awhile ago and I replied-hopefully she passed it on. I'm not sure if you'd like to meet, email or chat on the phone, but if you do, I'd love to be there for you and talk about anything and everything.

    I don't know if you know, but I do have a newborn that might be in tow if we met-so I'd just like to be upfront about that. I had a friend be up front with me shortly after Brooks died when I met her and I appreciated it. My email is ashly.tucker@gmail.com

    Please feel free to contact me and know I am praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious baby girl! I rejoice that she never knew sin and sadness like we do. She left your sweet, safe womb and was ushered into the arms of Jesus. Thank you God that this life is only temporary, and that with You is life ETERNAL! As you struggle in labor I'm praying God's continuous mercies to reign in your life. Thank you for sharing your life and Maggie's with us. You are a sweet reflection of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete